Here are some of our published articles about larp and narrative design.
- Wing and a Prayer – Stress and Structure: Ian’s design blog on creating and using stress to affect player’s emotions in the WW2 WAAF larp / simulation Wing and a Prayer.
- All for One – Design: The design of our Three Musketeers event All for One.
- What is Cinedrama? The play style for Dick Britton and the Voice of the Seraph and All for One.
- Mind the Gap: Ian discusses leaving gaps for the player in interactive media. Features information on God Rest Ye Merry.
- Crossing the Threshold: An article on easing the players into your game to put them in a particular mood when play starts. Features work on God Rest Ye Merry.
- Moment-based Design: The technique we primarily use for our larp design.
- Writing Backwards – Stunt to Story: A design-first technique to steer players into particular actions. Features work on God Rest Ye Merry.
- God Rest Ye Merry: Lots of behind-the-scenes info on our 1950s Christmas ghost story.
- Sharing is Caring: An article on a mature approach to roleplaying.